In this article I will outline some of the main items to clarify before signing a Building Contract.
Why? Are there different types of Contract?
Yes, there are several different types of Contract, and you need to be sure that the one you sign is the most appropriate for your project.
Signing a Contract can be a daunting process …. How can I have peace of mind that the contract I am signing is ok?
It is important to know who produces the contract. Is it custom prepared by the Builder or is it an Industry Standard one?
Some of the Industry Standard Contract options are:
- Housing Industry Association contract
- NSW Small Works Contract ( for jobs under $20,000)
- NSW Small Works Contract ( for jobs $20,000 – $50,000)
- NSW Residential Building Contract for Renovations and Additions
- NSW Residential Building Contract for Works on a Cost Plus Basis
- Master Builders Association
- Head Contract Cost Plus (Residential)
- Residential Building (BC4)
- Residential Minor Works
- Small Residential Renovations and Additions
- Department of Fair Trading
- Home Building Contract for Work between $5,000 and $20,000
- Home Building Contract of Work over $20,000